PITTSBURGH - Add the Pittsburgh Water and Sewer Authority to the list of organizations and communities working to find a solution to constant flooding on the Saw Mill Run Corridor.
Flooding has been an issue along Saw Mill Run Boulevard (Route 51) dating back to the 1950s.
You can now customize your WPXI News App to receive alerts to Allegheny County news. CLICK HERE to find out how.
But heavy rain over the last two years has caused nearly a dozen groups to begin working together on a solution.
A small part of that is a storm water project at Volunteers Field in Carrick meant to tackle water quality and flooding issues set to begin in September.
Channel 11's Aaron Martin has new details about the work and money that will be required to deal with the ongoing issues. Watch his report above for more.
- State asks Kennywood why they keep closing The Steel Curtain
- Dick's Sporting Goods testing if it should stop selling guns, report says
- Reality star Todd Chrisley's daughter says father, brother blackmailing her with sex tape
- VIDEO: Neighbors say they're being overrun by rats
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.