• 9 displaced by Butler fire


    BUTLER, Pa. - Nine people were displaced by a fire at a housing unit in Butler Sunday morning.

    Firefighters were called to the Ridge Avenue housing unit, which is made up of several apartments, about 5:30 a.m.

    Investigators said the fire started in a kitchen and appeared to have been caused by faulty wiring.

    Of the nine people who live in the apartments, five were home at the time of the fire. No injuries were reported.

    The apartments are owned by The Lighthouse Foundation, which offers transitional housing and emergency shelter services in the city of Butler.

    Residents displaced by the fire are being assisted with temporary housing.




    Next Up:

  • Headline Goes Here

    9 displaced by Butler fire

  • Headline Goes Here

    Looking back at The Blizzard of '93

  • Headline Goes Here

    Teen "set-up" by man he met on Grindr, beaten in ruthless attack

  • Headline Goes Here

    Police need help identifying woman found dead inside mall

  • Headline Goes Here

    Police: Child, 12, sent threat that closed Pennsylvania school district