• Investigators believe heat from fireplace caused McCandless apartment fire

    Updated:

    McCANDLESS, Pa. - Firefighters quickly responded to a blaze inside a McCandless apartment building Tuesday morning.

    The flames were reported about 8:30 a.m. in a home above a window and kitchen specialist company on Duncan Avenue.

    Investigators said they believe heat from a fireplace caused furniture to catch on fire.

    Crews quickly got the flames under control and no injuries were reported.

    Next Up:


  • Headline Goes Here

    Investigators believe heat from fireplace caused McCandless apartment fire

  • Headline Goes Here

    Looking back at The Blizzard of '93

  • Headline Goes Here

    Teen "set-up" by man he met on Grindr, beaten in ruthless attack

  • Headline Goes Here

    Police need help identifying woman found dead inside mall

  • Headline Goes Here

    Police: Child, 12, sent threat that closed Pennsylvania school district