WEST MIFFLIN, Pa. — On Friday night, Channel 11 had a chance to go inside Kennywood Park on its first official night open following last week’s triple shooting.
While inside, many people said the violence that occurred won’t keep them from having fun and making memories.
“Leading up to today we thought, ‘Should we come? Should we not come?’ But we don’t want to live life in fear,” said Carly Sinclair.
“When we came, I saw a bunch of cops, I saw four or five sitting outside on the fence.”
The park recently upgraded their security measures, including adding more police officers to the area and enforcing a new chaperone policy required for kids under 17.
“I knew the incident that went on, but I’m still a pass holder, and I feel like they are going to put precautions in place, and they did. When you enter the park, you can’t bring a bag that doesn’t fit in this box,” said Audra Lewis.
Along with additional lighting throughout the property and around its perimeter, Kennywood has a new bag policy, only allowing park goers to bring in bags within the dimensions of 8″ x 5″ x 1″.
Also on Friday, Allegheny County investigators and the district attorney met to discuss the case and said that they made “substantial progress in the investigation.”
So far, no arrests have been made in this case.
Download the FREE WPXI News app for breaking news alerts.
©2022 Cox Media Group