• Neighbors help save South Side home from burning down

    Updated:

    PITTSBURGH - Alert neighbors are being credited with helping to prevent a South Side home from burning to the ground Monday.

    Officials said no one was home when the blaze began at the house on Arlington Avenue.

    Neighbors said they smelled smoke so they jumped into action.

    “I rushed back in the house, woke them up and grabbed a shirt to cover my eyes until the fire people got here,” Demontae Stine said.

    Stine saved some animals that were inside the home.

    Officials haven’t said what started the fire, but residents believe something was left on the stove.




    Next Up:


  • Headline Goes Here

    Neighbors help save South Side home from burning down

  • Headline Goes Here

    Looking back at The Blizzard of '93

  • Headline Goes Here

    Teen "set-up" by man he met on Grindr, beaten in ruthless attack

  • Headline Goes Here

    Police need help identifying woman found dead inside mall

  • Headline Goes Here

    Police: Child, 12, sent threat that closed Pennsylvania school district