• Pa. school asks students to cut back on body spray

    Updated:

    BETHLEHEM, Pa. - A Pennsylvania high school wants its students to cut back on the body spray.

    Freedom High School in Bethlehem said one of its students was recently taken to a hospital after being exposed to Axe Body Spray. Now, officials are asking students to stop using it as a cologne or fragrance while attending the school.

    School officials said the affected student is severely allergic to the spray. The student’s mother said the freshman’s throat started closing after breathing in the smell. She said it happened three times in a span of nine days.

    The student’s mother said her 15-year-old is now being taught at home.

    Unilever, which makes Axe, said it is looking into the report. The company said in a statement that the safety and well-being of users "is always our first priority" and consumers with concerns should call the toll-free number on the back of the package.

    Next Up:


  • Headline Goes Here

    Pa. school asks students to cut back on body spray

  • Headline Goes Here

    Looking back at The Blizzard of '93

  • Headline Goes Here

    Teen "set-up" by man he met on Grindr, beaten in ruthless attack

  • Headline Goes Here

    Police need help identifying woman found dead inside mall

  • Headline Goes Here

    Police: Child, 12, sent threat that closed Pennsylvania school district