PITTSBURGH — Road closures for the filming of the Paramount Plus crime drama “Mayor of Kingstown” began on Wednesday.
The shoot on Wednesday will involve the filming of precision driving and scenes involving recreation of crimes involving firearms. According to Pittsburgh Public Safety, police will be on scene for added security.
The closures are set to end on Friday night at 9 p.m.
Below is a full list of what motorists can expect in the area:
Wednesday, June 22:
- Intermittent traffic control of Brighton Road from Woods Run to Schimmer/Westborn. According to Pittsburgh Public Safety, these are small delays occurring periodically from 2 p.m. to 9 p.m. rather than full closures.
- The inbound side of Riverview Avenue (from the Playground to the intersection with Riverview Drive / old Davis Ave Bridge) will be closed. The pool and playground will still be accessible. There will be signs in the area notifying the public about the closures and nature of the production. Both of these closures are in effect from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Thursday, June 23:
- Penn Avenue will be closed from 14th Street to 16th Street.
- 15th Street will be closed from Penn to Smallman.
- There may be Intermittent Traffic Control on 16th Street with no more than 2 minute holds.
- These closures could last from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Friday, June 24:
- Eckert Street will be closed from Beaver to Geyer.
- McClure Street will be closed from Eckert to Woods Run.
- These closures will begin at 6 a.m. and last until 9 p.m.
This is a developing story. Check back for updates as more information becomes available.
Download the FREE WPXI News app for breaking news alerts.
©2022 Cox Media Group