• Woman, son escape New Castle house fire


    NEW CASTLE, Pa. - A woman and her son were able to safely escape a house fire Tuesday afternoon in New Castle thanks to a working smoke detector.

    The blaze was reported in the upper part of a home on Pennsylvania Avenue around 4:30 p.m.

    The homeowner said she believes the fire was caused by an electrical problem.

    There is substantial damage to the home, but no official cause as of Tuesday night.

    Next Up:

  • Headline Goes Here

    Woman, son escape New Castle house fire

  • Headline Goes Here

    Looking back at The Blizzard of '93

  • Headline Goes Here

    Teen "set-up" by man he met on Grindr, beaten in ruthless attack

  • Headline Goes Here

    Police need help identifying woman found dead inside mall

  • Headline Goes Here

    Police: Child, 12, sent threat that closed Pennsylvania school district