NEW YORK - It’s a tree that can seat three --and there is a wicker couch tucked into its branches to prove it.
New York City residents were startled to see the couch wedged into the branches outside an apartment in Manhattan’s Upper West Side, WNBC reported.
"I was walking and I'm looking and I'm thinking, ‘That looks like a couch in a tree’ ... and it was," Mel Warner, whose mother lives on the second floor of the Amsterdam Avenue apartment building near the court, told the television station.
- Code Orange air quality alert issued for much of western Pennsylvania
- ‘Young and the Restless' star Kristoff St. John dies at 52
- Mother, boyfriend sentenced to jail for attacking teacher with brick
- VIDEO: Oakmont Bakery moves to new location Tuesday
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
The furniture, which appears to comfortably seat three people, appeared in the tree about four days ago, according to the West Side Rag. Neighbors believe it was lifted off a balcony during a recent rainstorm, WNBC reported.
"I walk up this street every day and I never noticed it, that must say something about New York,” resident David Roccosalva told the television station. "I hope the squirrels like it.”
© 2019 Cox Media Group.