DEKALB COUNTY, Ga. - You're driving along a busy interstate when all of a sudden you see money flying all over the road. What would you do?
That scenario played-out along a stretch of I-285 Tuesday evening.
One of WSB Radio's traffic troopers said, "I saw a bunch of paper floating around in the road and everybody pulling over on the shoulder, and as I got closer I noticed it was all just cash."
Indeed, there was cash in the air. "Vehicles immediately started stopping collecting the money," Sgt. Robert Parsons with Dunwoody police told WSB Radio.
"An armored car was traveling on 285 West when the side door came open, and an unknown amount of money flew out onto the highway." Parsons said it was a "substantial" amount of cash.
Amazingly, there were no crashes or injuries from the impromptu cash grab.
It's not what you see every day, says Parsons. "Well, I’ve seen it in the movies. It's very bizarre that this happens. This is the first one I can think of."
- Family says baby's life could have been saved if hospital maternity ward was open
- Man suspected in stabbing death of girlfriend’s 8-year-old son arrested
- Woman says she was temporarily removed from American Airlines flight to 'cover up' short romper
- VIDEO: Pipeline protest in Marshall Twp
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.