Former Indianapolis Colts punter Pat McAfee pulled out all the stops when he proposed to his girlfriend over the weekend.
McAfee, who tweeted Thursday he was joining World Wrestling Entertainment, took Samantha Lundy to Hawaii, WXIN reported. The couple took a helicopter to a waterfall, where McAfee popped the question, the television station reported.
McAfree, known as “The Boomstick” during his eight-season NFL career with the Colts (2009-2016), tweeted that the couple “smiled, laughed and cried a bit” before they sat down to sandwiches at a table in front of the waterfall.
- Washington County police officer arrested on child rape charges
- Garth Brooks joining Pittsburgh Pirates for spring training
- Couple facing child endangerment charges after failing to see doctor for infant
- VIDEO: Father selling cupcakes to help son with brain tumor
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
“Yesterday was awesome,” McAfee wrote. “I’m the luckiest dude on this here planet.”
I finally asked @Sami_lynn24 if she’d spend forever with me... She said yes, we both smiled, laughed, and cried a bit in front of a waterfall and then ate sandwiches in front of the bird that flew us there... Yesterday was awesome. I’m the luckiest dude on this here planet. pic.twitter.com/f55vPSeqlk— Pat McAfee (@PatMcAfeeShow) February 10, 2019
© 2019 Cox Media Group.