It was supposed to be a fun ride on a roller coaster, but it ended with a fire department rescue.
They were at the park for an end-of-the-school-year party when the Mouse Trap got stuck mid-ride.
- Shooting victim in bullet-ridden SUV flags down police
- Horrified mother watches son, boyfriend drown as powerful rip current drags them out to sea
- Boy sells popcorn to raise money for his grandfather's medical expenses
- VIDEO: Bats being wiped out in PA causing more bugs in your backyard
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
Park officials said they think the ride had an issue because of wind and temperatures at the park, but the 35-year-old ride worked as expected, and stopped when magnetism was indicated on the rails, KVII reported.
The children were removed from the ride either via fire department cherry picker or by manually pushing the cars down the track, according to KVII.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.