One of the toughest things for some inmates may be not being able to see their children while prisoners serve jail time.
But the Portsmouth Sheriff’s Office in Virginia tried to bring a little normalcy for the men who are behind bars.
The Sheriff’s Office teamed up with a foundation named Men Alleviating Negativity held a father-daughter dance Saturday, WVEC reported.
Portsmouth Sheriff's Office hosts father-daughter dance for incarcerated dads https://t.co/bhGxeR3pnt— 13News Now (@13NewsNow) June 16, 2019
Eight inmates had a night of gameplay, music and a sit-down dinner with their daughters to help mark Father’s Day, WVEC reported.
- 7th American tourist dead in Dominican Republic while celebrating her birthday
- 4,600 cases of Pillsbury flour recalled over possible E. coli contamination
- Harry Potter festival coming to Pittsburgh
- VIDEO: Man who gave free 'Dad Hugs' during Pittsburgh Pride goes viral
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.