NEW YORK - A woman said she was attacked on a New York City street Sunday morning by a man who slashed her face with a knife and stole her purse, WABC reported.
The 31-year-old woman told police the assailant approached her on the Brooklyn street around 7:45 a.m. and told her, "You pretty. Are you scared?" the television station reported. The woman tried to walk away, but the suspect slashed her in the face and took her purse, WNBC reported.
- Washington County police officer arrested on child rape charges
- Garth Brooks joining Pittsburgh Pirates for spring training
- Couple facing child endangerment charges after failing to see doctor for infant
- VIDEO: Father selling cupcakes to help son with brain tumor
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
🚨WANTED for ASSAULT: On February 3 around 7:45 am a suspect approached a female victim in the vicinity of Boerum St & White St in Brooklyn where he slashed her in the face after engaging her in conversation. If you have any info, call @NYPDTips at 800-577-TIPS. pic.twitter.com/1l92Hvzz9Y— NYPD NEWS (@NYPDnews) February 6, 2019
The woman was taken to a hospital, where she was treated for a large cut on her face, the television station reported. She needed 40 stitches to close the wound, according to WABC.
While no arrests have been made, the New York Police Department released photos of the alleged assailant, the television station reported.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.