A historical reenactor has died after a freak accident where he impaled himself with his own lance during a performance.
Peter Barclay, who went by the name “Master Terafan Greydragon” while performing, was taking part in an equestrian game in Williamstown, Kentucky, when he was wounded Saturday, WRC reported. Barclay attempted to spear a paper plate that was laying on the ground, according to his brother, John Fulton. Fulton is also the president of the Society for Creative Anachronism, the organizing group of the event.
- Health department reveals new details on suspected cases of mysterious illness
- Social Security checks will grow in 2019 as inflation rises
- Person struck, killed by tractor-trailer on I-79
- VOTE for your Week 7 Band of the Week
- VIDEO: Timeline of furniture-throwing incident involving Antonio Brown
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
The Hamilton County Coroner’s Office has listed his death as an accident. Organizers of the event are looking at ways to prevent similar accidents, WRC reported.
© 2018 Cox Media Group.