WILL COUNTY, Ill. - More than 2,200 fetal remains were found on the property of a deceased doctor who used to perform abortions in Indiana, officials said.
Ulrich "George" Klopfer, who used to operate an abortion clinic in South Bend before his license was suspended in 2015, died Sept. 3 at his home in Will County, Illiinois, WNDU reported.
Last week, members of Klopfer's family were looking through his home when they found some fetal remains, WSBT reported. The family called authorities, who found 2,246 fetal remains on the property, WTHR reported.
BREAKING: Police say 2,246 medically preserved fetal remains were found on the property of Ulrich George Klopfer, a late abortion doctor who used to operate a South Bend clinic. https://t.co/mooWV1psRr— WNDU (@WNDU) September 14, 2019
The Will County Coroner’s Office took possession of the remains, WNDU reported.
According to the Will County Sheriff's Office, there is no evidence that any medical procedures were conducted at Klopfer's property, the television station reported.
The late doctor's family is cooperating with the investigation.
- Crews battling large fire at a former car dealership in North Huntingdon
- Giant Eagle no longer allowing open carry at all stores, gas stations
- SKYLIGHTS 2019: Week 3 high school football scores
- VIDEO: Prank-loving father gets hilarious obituary
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.