LOS ANGELES COUNTY, Calif. - A California man is facing a murder charge in the death of his girlfriend's 9-year-old daughter, whose body was found in a duffel bag off a Hacienda Heights trail last week.
According to the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department, deputies arrested Emiel Hunt, 38, early Saturday after they found him sleeping in a car outside the San Diego airport. On Tuesday, he was charged in Trinity Love Jones' death.
Deputies also detained a second person of interest in the case but did not provide additional information.
*4th UPDATE* #LASD Murder Charges Filed against Suspect Emiel Lamar Hunt (photo below) in Trinity Love Jones Case, Hacienda Heights. If you have any additional information regarding this case, please call investigators at 323-890-5500 or 800-222-8477 https://t.co/7TZy4am2XM— LA County Sheriff's (@LASDHQ) March 12, 2019
County employees found Jones' body March 5 "partially inside a black, rollaway-type duffel bag" down an embankment, the Sheriff's Department said last week. Investigators identified her after releasing sketches of the girl, along with photos of the bag and her clothes, to news outlets and on social media.
The department has not released how Jones died but said the Coroner's Office "determined the death to be a homicide."
Hunt is being held on $2 million bail, KTLA reported.
- Man flown to Pittsburgh hospital after being bitten by dog at Beaver Co. Humane Society
- Genealogy, DNA solve case of newborn left to freeze to death in ditch 38 years ago
- No jail time for teen who killed three pedestrians, including baby
- VIDEO: McKeesport ranked as one of most dangerous US cities
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.