HALL COUNTY, Ga. - Georgia's Hall County Sheriff's Office says a 22-day-old baby has died after being attacked by a dog inside her family's home.
The sheriff said the attack happened at a home on Gillsville Highway, in a bedroom where the 3-week-old girl was sleeping.
The baby was rushed to Northeast Georgia Medical Center with serious injuries, where she died, officials said.
Hall County Animal Control took custody of the dog, which belonged to the family. Officials said the dog was a husky mix.
Hall County Sheriff's investigators are conducting a death investigation. So far, no one has been charged.
The name of the baby has not been released.
- Family says baby's life could have been saved if hospital maternity ward was open
- Man suspected in stabbing death of girlfriend’s 8-year-old son arrested
- Pit bull dies after being left in yard during extreme temperatures, police say
- VIDEO: Man Survives After Being Swept Over Niagara Falls
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.