RACINE, Wis. - One inmate's loathing of country music could cost him more time behind bars, jail officials said.
Dustin Hampton, 33, is accused of starting a fight with another inmate at the Racine County Jail on Monday because the man refused to stop singing country songs, WISN reported.
Hampton allegedly approached the country crooner during breakfast and shoved him with both hands, causing him to fall and hit his head on a chair, Madison.com reported. The victim suffered a 2-inch laceration to the head, officials said.
Hampton has a lengthy criminal record in Wisconsin, Madison.com reported. He was charged Thursday with battery by a prisoner as a repeat offender, which is a felony charge.
- Pizza delivery driver shot, killed in East Liberty
- Young boy brutally beaten on bus, mother says attacker should be charged
- Bodies of 11 infants found in ceiling of Detroit funeral home
- VIDEO: Police, motorcycle gang brawl at South Side bar; 4 arrests made
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.