MONROE COUNTY, Mississippi - Editor’s note: A previous report said five people died in a tornado in Mississippi. This story has been corrected to say there has been only one confirmed death from the coroner.
Update April 14 12:50 p.m. EDT: The Monroe Journal reported that Monroe County Coroner Alan Gurley said 95-year-old Roy Ratliff was the one fatality. He died when a tree fell on him in his home.
- Police incident closes road, frightens residents in Washington Co.
- Teenager identified after being found shot to death inside home
- Storms could bring damaging winds, heavy downpours Sunday
- VIDEO: Body of missing man found in Monongahela River
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
An overnight tornado in Mississippi claimed the life of one person, according to the Monroe County Coroner in Aberdeen, Mississippi, WIAT reported.
Monroe County Sheriff Cecil Cantrell said there are reports of trees down in the southern part of the county, WCBI reported.
Monroe County Coroner Alan Gurley said multiple people were injured and several homes were damaged in Hamilton, WTVM reported.
A tornado was reported in the area at the time, the television station reported.
At least one mobile home was destroyed, according to WTVM. A tornado also hit Vicksburg early Saturday evening, the television station reported.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.