HENDRICKS COUNTY, Ind. - Two Indiana men were arrested Wednesday after police said they found $3.5 million worth of marijuana and THC-filled vape cartridges during a traffic stop, WXIN reported.
Danny J. Luttrell II, 27, and Brandon M. Pierson, 27, both of Indianapolis, were charged with dealing marijuana, a level 5 felony, the television station reported.
- One Direction's Louis Tomlinson's sister, Félicité Tomlinson, dead at 18
- Man who held meth-fueled ‘death party' for sick wife now charged with murder
- Hallmark cutting ties with actress Lori Loughlin over college admissions bribery scandal
- VIDEO: Woman cut off own hand with circular saw to cash in on insurance, police say
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
Indiana State Police said they stopped a box truck on I-70 in Hendricks County that was following another vehicle too closely, WXIN reported.
After detecting the aroma of “criminal indicators,” state police searched the truck and said they discovered approximately 250 pounds of marijuana and 50,000 vape cartridges in the cargo storage area of the vehicle, the television station reported.
Police said the street value of the marijuana was estimated at $2.5 million and the cartridges were worth $1 million, WXIN reported.
Police said the two men were returning to Indianapolis from Burbank, California, the television station reported. Both were booked into the Hendricks County Jail.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.