BERKLEY, Mich. - A Michigan seventh-grader is in police custody after authorities said she stabbed a male classmate with scissors.
The victim was hospitalized and "is expected to recover," WDIV reported. The girl may be expelled, officials said.
Their names were not publicly released.
- Woman banned from Walmart after riding cart while drinking wine from Pringles can, police say
- 'Traditional masculinity' deemed 'harmful' by American Psychological Association
- Former Steeler speaks out about Antonio Brown-Ben Roethlisberger controversy
- VIDEO: Man accuses Greyhound driver of racial profiling
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
"The student who caused harm today was removed from school pending the outcome of an investigation," the school's principal, Michael Ross, said in a statement. "We will enforce the District’s Student Code of Conduct and policies as necessary once the investigation is complete."
Additional counselors will be on campus Wednesday to help students cope with the incident, officials said.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.