FORT WORTH, Texas - A 6-week-old Texas boy drowned early Monday morning after his mother fell asleep while bathing him in the bathtub, police officials said.
NBC 5 in Fort Worth reported that first responders were called to the family’s home around 5:50 a.m.
“A 6-week-old male twin was in the bath with mom when she fell asleep,” a police statement obtained by the news station said. “When mom awoke, the baby was underwater and was unresponsive.”
- Teen involved in drive-by shooting before Antwon Rose was shot pleads guilty
- Postal Service celebrates 'Sesame Street' with Forever stamps
- Police honor cancer-stricken K-9 with final ride through town
- VIDEO: Dog jumps on bed, alerts man to fire that destroyed home
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
The baby, identified as Samuel Symonds, was taken to Cook Children’s Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead, NBC 5 reported.
The boy’s twin brother is in the custody of Child Protective Services while an investigation into his brother’s death is ongoing, the news station said.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.