LAKE COUNTY, Ill. - An Illinois man is facing charges for allegedly biting his 10-month-old baby on the face and arms because she wouldn’t go to sleep, according to media reports.
Daniel Martin, 31, was arrested and charged with one felony count of aggravated battery to a child, and two misdemeanor counts of domestic battery, according to WBBM-TV.
The state Department of Children and Family Services reported the case to Lake County authorities, WBBM reported.
Sheriff officials said in a statement that Martin bit the infant “out of anger because the baby would not fall asleep.”
He was jailed on a $50,000 bond with his next court date scheduled Monday, the news station reported.
- Police: 2-year-old Wisconsin girl missing since Monday found dead in Minnesota
- Police: Disturbing use of Catnip Cocktail by people increasing
- Investigators looking for cause of fire at Allegheny Co. strip mall
- VIDEO: Pittsburgh police searching for missing 17-year-old girl
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.