INVER GROVE HEIGHTS, Minn. - Police in Inver Grove Heights, Minnesota, are investigating after getting a call about a horse in the basement.
KARE reported that the Inver Grove Heights Police Department received notice about the horse Thursday night.
Video posted by the department on its Facebook page shows the white horse walking from one room in the basement to another.
“That is indeed a horse in a house,” an officer can be heard saying on the video.
- Washington County police officer arrested on child rape charges
- Garth Brooks joining Pittsburgh Pirates for spring training
- Couple facing child endangerment charges after failing to see doctor for infant
- VIDEO: Father selling cupcakes to help son with brain tumor
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
Sgt. Adam Wiederhoeft told the Star Tribune Saturday that the owner of the home called police “because she was surprised that the horse was in her basement.”
Wiederhoeft told The Associated Press it is not clear how the horse got into the house and the owner came by to remove it.
“The horse is safe in an enclosed area designed for horses,” Wiederhoeft said. “Not someone’s basement.”
There were no injuries.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.