HOLIDAY, Fla. — Authorities said a Florida woman was arrested after allegedly hitting her husband with a vacuum cleaner part, the Tampa Bay Times reported.
Holly Jane Akers, 31, of Holiday, is accused of one count of felony battery on a person 65 or older, according to Pasco County deputies. Akers was arrested Tuesday morning; her husband, Charles Plagens, said his wife attacked him with the vacuum cleaner part, the Times reported.
- Emergency response crew disciplined after drinking during hurricane relief mission
- Man Wins $1 Million From Lottery Using Lucky Fortune Cookie Numbers
- Events, road closures announced for Great Race weekend
- PHOTOS: Ed Sheeran wears Mac Miller shirt at Pittsburgh concert
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
According to the arrest affidavit, Plagens said he began arguing with Akers when she began cleaning their house around 3 a.m. Tuesday. Plagens said he moved from room to room in an attempt to sleep, but that Akers followed him through the house with the vacuum cleaner, the Times reported.
Plagens said Akers struck him on the bridge of the nose with a vacuum cleaner attachment, causing a minor abrasion, the newspaper reported.
Akers admitted to deputies that there had been an argument but denied striking her husband, the Times reported. When deputies noticed Plagens' injury they arrested Akers and took her to the Pasco County jail, the newspaper reported.
Cox Media Group