The Food and Drug Administration has announced a tattoo ink recall.
The FDA said the six types affected by the recall came from different manufacturers and are contaminated with microorganisms.
The contamination could cause serious injuries and infections with symptoms that include rashes or lesions where the ink was injected.
- Texts between driver, owner of car in deadly hit-and-run help lead to arrest
- Swimmers beware: 15-foot great white shark tracked off coast of Carolinas
- Woman forced young girl to get birth control implant in her arm, police say
- VIDEO: Window washers trapped in dangling lift rescued by Oklahoma City firefighters
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
The inks under the recall include:
- Scalpaink SC basic black tattoo ink, manufactured by Scalp Aesthetics, all lots.
- Scalpaink PA basic black tattoo ink, manufactured by Scalp Aesthetics, all lots.
- Scalpaink AL basic black tattoo ink, manufactured by Scalp Aesthetics, all lots.
- Dynamic Color, black tattoo ink, manufactured by Dynamic Color Inc., lots 12024090, 12026090.
- Solid Ink, Diablo (red) tattoo ink, manufactured by Color Art Inc. lot 10.19.18.
Consumers are being told to ask their artists what inks they use before getting a tattoo. Tattoo studios are being told to not use the products under the recall.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.