ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. - A school bus carrying nine children took a nose dive into a swimming pool Friday morning after being involved in a crash with a Jeep, according to the Florida Highway Patrol.
Troopers said that after the crash, the bus was being redirected and somehow veered through a wooden fence and into a pool.
Only the front of the bus was in the pool.
The crash was reported shortly before 8:30 a.m.
Neither the children or school bus driver were injured.
The woman driving the Jeep had minor injuries, according to Orange County Fire Rescue.
A hazmat crew responded to the scene because fuel was leaking into the pool.
No other information was released.
#trafficalert #crash schoolbus vs Jeep-Willowwood St/Rushmore Ct. 9 children & bus driver NOT INJURED, Female Jeep driver was injured, though not seriously. Nose of the school bus ended up in a swimming pool. Fuel leak in pool, Squad en route for HazMat. #BREAKING pic.twitter.com/0fdaufouil— OCFire Rescue (@OCFireRescue) October 12, 2018
- Local barber charged with selling crack out of shop
- Dad accused of starving infant daughter told 911 dispatcher baby was ‘dead as a doornail'
- Man falls 2 stories on set of Mister Rogers movie, taken to hospital in serious condition
- VIDEO: Aerial Footage Of Hurricane Michael Damage
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.