WILLISTON, Fla. - Three men’s act of kindness has gone viral across social media.
Kanesha Carnegie was in Williston, Fla., on Jan. 28 when she came across the scene at a gas station.
Three men were helping 89-year-old Rose Griest get into her car after a restroom break.
Carnegie, an officer with the Levy County Sheriff’s Office, told Yahoo! she recognized the men “from the neighborhood, and (she) wanted them to have that moment to show who they really are.”
She identified them as Joc Koe Stoe, Marty and Freddy G.
In the video, Griest’s husband, 100-year-old Army veteran David Griest, can be heard saying, “Thank you so much fellas. I’m 100 years old.”
- Washington County police officer arrested on child rape charges
- Garth Brooks joining Pittsburgh Pirates for spring training
- Couple facing child endangerment charges after failing to see doctor for infant
- VIDEO: Father selling cupcakes to help son with brain tumor
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
Marty told Yahoo!, “I kept thinking, ‘She could have been my grandmother.’ 100 years old is a beautiful life.”
The couple’s grandson, Tommy Griest, reportedly learned about the moment while scrolling through his Facebook feed. He said, “Praise these guys for helping them.”
© 2019 Cox Media Group.