Nate Roman tells The Boston Globe that when he returned to his Marlborough home from work May 15, he could tell a stranger had been there.
Nothing was missing, but the 44-year-old Roman noticed the beds were made, the rugs vacuumed and the toilets scrubbed. They even crafted origami roses on the toilet paper rolls.
He called the experience "weird and creepy" and contacted police.
Sgt. Daniel Campbell says that the department hasn't heard of similar episodes and that there are no suspects.
Roman says he may have left his back door unlocked. He thinks perhaps a housekeeping service went to his home by mistake.
Information from: The Boston Globe, http://www.bostonglobe.com
- Strong storms, potential for isolated tornado Thursday
- ‘Vomit fraud' on the rise among some ride-share services, including steep fees
- Pennsylvania hosting Fish-For-Free Day this weekend
- VIDEO: Woman's last wish is for her dog to be euthanized, buried with her
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.