An eye-opening study from Pennsylvania researchers found many parents did not realize their teenagers thought about suicide, NBC News reported.
Researchers from Children's Hospital of Philadelphia interviewed more than 5,000 teens and their parents for the study.
Through the interviews, researchers found half of the parents whose children said they thought about suicide were not aware, NBC News reported.
Suicide is the second leading cause of death among adolescents.
Resources, including the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline, are available for anyone who might need assistance.
- Seattle TV editor fired after President Trump video appears altered
- Woman banned from Walmart after riding cart while drinking wine from Pringles can, police say
- Women arrested after sexually assaulting transgender woman in bar restroom, police say
- VIDEO: Driver charged after dash cam video captures truck jump curb, almost hit pedestrian
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.