ORLANDO, Fla. - Walt Disney World guests will have another place to call home in a few years.
- Woman finds stranger in home doing laundry, cooking meal
- Monster clog found in sewer system from thousands of pounds of flushable wipes
- Man drives himself to police station after being shot
- VIDEO: Manager gives emotional farewell during final closing of local Kmart
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
It will be the 16th Disney Vacation Club property, according to a Disney press release.
Disney officials said the new deluxe resort, which has not yet been named, will open in 2022.
Officials also did not reveal how much the resort will cost to build or how much it will cost for guests to stay at the new accommodations.
The location is also near the former River Country water park, which closed in 2001. Disney did not say if the new hotel will be built on the site of the old water park.
Three other new resorts are also in the works at Walt Disney World, including an expanded Coronado Springs resort, the new Riviera resort near Epcot and an immersive Star Wars-themed hotel near Hollywood Studios.
Disney officials said more than 1,700 new hotel rooms and DVC villas will open over the next four years.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.