NEW YORK - Two window washers were rescued Saturday after they became stuck outside the 12th floor of the United Nations building, fire officials said.
Rescuers said the workers were in no immediate danger and were not dangling when they arrived around 7 p.m., WPIX reported.
Emergency crews rescue window washers that were briefly stuck on the 12th floor exteriors of the United Nation building, FDNY confirms.— Nora Abramov (@NoraAbramov) September 16, 2018
Firefighters broke the office building glass around 7:30 p.m. to rescue the workers.
There were no injuries.
- Live Updates: Tracking Tropical Storm Florence, impact on Pittsburgh area
- Couple charged after leaving boy, 5, in woods for wetting himself
- Pot keeps washing on Florida beaches; deputies say man tried to grab some
- VIDEO: Greater Pittsburgh Recovery Walk shows support for addiction struggles
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
DEVELOPING: Window washers stuck on UN building; FDNY on scene https://t.co/6M4Ot4H9ZC— NBC New York (@NBCNewYork) September 15, 2018
© 2018 Cox Media Group.