LACOOCHEE, Fla. - A Florida woman’s argument with her husband became more heated than usual Monday when she poured hot sauce into his eyes, according to police.
Esmeralda Martinez Lopez, 41, of Lacoochee, is charged with domestic battery, according to Pasco County jail records. She was released Tuesday on bail of $500.
Fox13 in Tampa reported that deputies were called to the couple’s home Monday morning after they began arguing. An arrest affidavit obtained by the news station said that Lopez struck her husband in the face before dousing his eyes with the peppery condiment.
- Pittsburgh prepares for possibility of flooding from Hurricane Florence
- Decorations removed from graves, dumped in pile at local cemetery
- Rats, contaminated food found in local restaurant; prompts consumer alert
- VIDEO: Armed robbery suspect arrested after running out of gas
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
The husband was taken to a hospital for treatment, the news station reported.
Lopez admitted to deputies that she argued with her husband, but denied injuring him, Fox13 said.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.