OLD TOWN, Fla. - Osceola County deputies in Florida are asking the public’s help finding a 67-year-old veteran’s service dog.
Deputies said the 6-pound 21-year-old Pomeranian, named Kira, was stolen from her owner Sunday.
Joseph Hanson, a Vietnam veteran with PTSD, told deputies he was at Old Town, Florida, when a woman began an altercation with him.
“She got in my face,” Hanson told WFTV. “Cussing and swearing.”
- Man arrested after allegedly threatening to 'shoot up' polling place
- Kansas mom says woman tried to kidnap her infant at Target
- Police searching for man who escaped during trip for state hospital patients/a>
- VIDEO: Mechanic Accused of Killing Customer With Hammer, Shooting Him, Setting Him on Fire
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
During the altercation, another woman sneaked up behind the man and unleashed Kira. The victim said he never saw the second woman and had no idea what happened to the dog.
The incident was captured on surveillance video. Deputies said the second woman is seen stealing Kira.
Hanson said Kira has a number of health issues, is hard of hearing and is going blind. He said he and his other service dog, Star, are distraught.
Anyone with information is asked to call deputies or Crimeline at 800-423-8477. Hanson said he is willing to give a $500 reward to anyone with information that leads to an arrest.
© 2018 Cox Media Group.