A Florida woman has a squirrel to thank for earning her the top prize at a wildlife photography competition.
Mary McGowan, of Brandon, was named 2018 Comedy Wildlife Photographer of the Year on Friday at The Comedy Wildlife Photography Awards in London. Her amusing photo, captioned "Caught in the Act," features an open-mouthed squirrel with front paws outstretched in a “stop” motion. The image has delighted people around the world.
- Couple headed to their wedding in Pittsburgh killed in crash on Pennsylvania interstate
- Chris Watts case: Colorado dad sentenced to life in prison in killings of pregnant wife, daughters
- Woman pulled to safety after road flooded by water main break
- VIDEO: David's Bridal files for bankruptcy, but your order is safe
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
Winner announced!!! The 2018 Comedy Wildlife Photographer of the Year is... Mary McGowan with her fantastic image of a North American squirrel. @affinitybyserif @BornFreeFDN @katehumble @SpectrumLab @thinkTANKphoto @Seriancamp @Attenboroughs_D pic.twitter.com/DPWvXs5EYr— ComedyWildlifePhoto (@FunnyPhotoAward) November 16, 2018
Next year's competition opens March 1, 2019.
© 2018 Cox Media Group.