BURLINGTON TOWNSHIP, N.J. - Police in New Jersey are calling for people to slow down and take a look after a close call for one of their officers during a traffic stop was caught on his body camera.
In the video from last Sunday, you can see the officer's cruiser get clipped by a passing vehicle just as the officer is stepping out.
- Motorcyclist accused of trying to run over state trooper on Parkway West
- Man attacked by 2 pit bulls on Mount Washington
- Kennywood is now a Certified Autism Center
- VIDEO: Dog found swimming 135 miles offshore in Gulf of Thailand, rescued by oil rig workers
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
Thankfully, the officer acted quickly to get out of the way and was not injured.
That passing vehicle remained on scene and no one in that vehicle was injured, either.
Police say the close call is an opportunity to remind drivers to slow down and move over when they see emergency vehicles on the shoulder.