If we're ever replaced by robots, the robots will probably have been created by Boston Dynamics.
The company's latest demonstration of its technology shows ten of the company's SpotMini robots pulling a large truck. The four-legged robots already possess an array of skills, like opening doors, picking up objects and climbing stairs.
Boston Dynamics says the SpotMini will be available soon for a variety of applications, but the price hasn't been made public and they may not be available for purchase by the average consumer.
- 2 houses on fire, flames visible
- Sri Lanka explosions: Easter Sunday blasts at churches, hotels kill dozens
- Man sentenced to 90 days in jail after killing 159 protected birds of prey
- VIDEO: Rezoning vote expected this week on former Trader Horn site in McCandless
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
The Spot-Mini runs entirely on electric power, up to an hour and a half on a single charge.
It has a maximum payload of about 30 pounds, or half its own weight.
COPYRIGHT 2019 WWW.CNN.COM. TURNER BROADCASTING SYSTEM, INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.