Court records indicated the allegation against 26-year-old Democratic Rep. Brandon Markosek was withdrawn on Monday, and he pleaded guilty to a speeding citation.
Police in the Harrisburg suburb of East Pennsboro Township had said Markosek’s blood test indicated an alcohol level of 0.058%, below the state’s limit for driving of 0.08%.
In a statement released by his attorney, Markosek says he’s “at a loss” to explain why he was charged and relieved that it was dropped.
The police affidavit said Markosek smelled slightly of alcohol on Sept. 18 and told an officer he’d had two drinks at a nearby restaurant.
- Felony Lane Gang targeting women in the Pittsburgh area
- Minnesota Twins prospect Ryan Costello found dead in New Zealand hotel
- Laughing gas balloons sold outside local concert venue
- VIDEO: Wife of Mr. Rogers sits down to talk Pittsburgher's life ahead of movie release
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.