The water levels are expected to approach records this summer.
All the Great Lakes have been rising for several years and now are seeing an increase from winter's melting snow and recent heavy rains.
- Woman drops off 2-year-old boy at fire station, said she had nowhere else
- Florida family prepares to say goodbye to newborn whose mom died during childbirth
- Driver arrested in deadly Penn Hills hit-and-run crash
- VIDEO: Woman forced young girl to get birth control implant in her arm, police say
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
Along Lake Erie, floodwaters closed several streets in Port Clinton last week.
Last month, flooding cut South Bass Island in half and temporarily closed ferries going to the island.
The high water is also increasing erosion and leaving logs and debris in shallow parts of western Lake Erie.
Officials say boaters will need to keep an eye out for floating dangers in the water.
Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.