Lancaster General Hospital security officers told police the woman grabbed the child on Thursday. Officers quickly intervened and returned the child to her mother.
Police say the women then became combative with security, punching an officer several times.
The woman is a patient at the hospital and her name has not been released.
The mother and the child were not injured.
- Kansas City woman thought she had water in ear, but doctors find brown recluse spider
- 2-year-old girl drowns in pool in Fayette County
- Full-figured feline looking for forever home in Philadelphia
- VIDEO: God got a hole in one: North Carolina golf course struck by lightning, leaves its mark
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.