Fetterman's scheduled to appear Monday evening at the Jewish Federation of Greater Harrisburg and then Tuesday evening at the Newport Public Library in Perry County.
Gov. Tom Wolf says it's important to explore the subject, now that states along Pennsylvania's borders are moving toward legalizing marijuana.
- 2 juveniles killed in I-80 crash involving SUV, tractor-trailers
- Philadelphia home listed with '50 shades room' goes viral
- Local father selling cupcakes to raise money for 5-year-old son with brain tumor
- VIDEO: Girl Scouts sell cookies outside marijuana stores
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
Pennsylvania's Republican-controlled Legislature has been hostile to the idea. Of the 10 states that legalized marijuana, nine did it through a voter-sponsored referendum, but Pennsylvania law allows no such direct access to the ballot.
Fetterman supports legalizing marijuana. Previously, Wolf had said Pennsylvania wasn't ready. Pennsylvania is one of 40-plus states that legalized some form of medical marijuana.
Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.