HARRISBURG, Pa. - Former talk show host Montel Williams was in Harrisburg Thursday, where he lobbied for medical marijuana.
Williams came to tears as he urged lawmakers at the State Capitol to pass the Medical Cannabis Act.
- Scroll down to watch the complete speech
Williams has been an advocate for the use of medical marijuana since 1999, when he was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis.
“It wasn’t until I started using medical cannabis on a daily basis and getting my system saturated with cannaboids that I started getting relief,” he said.
The bill, which cleared the state Senate in May, would allow for the legal use of some forms of medical cannabis to treat certain conditions. It has been stuck in the House of Representatives.
- Gov. Wolf: Decriminalize marijuana - ‘We break up families for reasons we shouldn't’
- Pennsylvania Senate's medical marijuana bill hits opposition
- Pennsylvania Senate passes medical marijuana bill
- Medical marijuana bill heads to full Pa. Senate for vote
- Bill to legalize medical marijuana in Pa. clears major hurdle