The Reading Eagle reports that the Mount Penn woman called 911 Tuesday morning to report that she'd been bitten by a rattlesnake. Authorities say it was actually a 2-foot-long (0.61-meter) copperhead. They found it on a shelf near the washing machine.
Police called the Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission, which bagged the snake and moved it to a safer location.
The woman was taken to a hospital. Her condition isn't known. The Fish and Boat Commission says the copperhead's bite is seldom life-threatening as long as the victim gets prompt medical attention.
The copperhead is the most common venomous snake in Pennsylvania.
- 9th American tourist dead in Dominican Republic while vacationing with friends
- Taco Bell giving away free Doritos Locos Tacos Tuesday
- Charges expected today after inmate tips off therapist to woman's death
- VIDEO: Man Accused of Kidnapping, Killing 3-Year-Old Son, Boy’s Mother After Ordered to Pay Child Support
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.