The school's board, meeting in the Philadelphia suburb of Media, voted Thursday for a plan that will maintain full-time tuition for lower-division Pennsylvania resident undergraduates at its main campus at about $17,400 annually.
You can now customize your WPXI News App to receive alerts. CLICK HERE to find out how.
Out-of-state college students at the University Park flagship will have to pay $660 a year in additional tuition.
Smaller increases for students who are not Pennsylvania residents will be coming to other Penn State campuses.
The move follows recent decisions by Temple University and the 14-school State System of Higher Education to keep tuition at current rates for the coming school year.
- Brothers, ages 1 and 3, drown in Fayette County
- 18 Shih Tzu dogs up for adoption; owner couldn't care for them anymore
- EXCESSIVE HEAT WATCH: Get ready for the hottest weather of the year
- VIDEO: New tech will allow Giant Eagle shoppers to skip the checkout line
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.