BREEZEWOOD, Pa. - An Indiana woman who allegedly robbed a store and fled in a stolen police vehicle was stymied by a traffic jam on the Pennsylvania Turnpike.
Police say the woman robbed a Sheetz convenience store in Breezewood on Wednesday and was able to slip out of handcuffs and steal a state police vehicle.
RELATED STORY: Fatal crash closes eastbound Pa. Turnpike for several hours
She fled westbound at speeds of up to 100 mph but encountered a traffic backlog from a fiery crash that killed a truck driver.
- 19-year-old arrested for New Castle triple homicide
- LIVE UPDATES: Confessed murderer of Pitt student will spend life in prison without parole
- Son of local basketball coach fighting polio-like disease at Children's Hospital
- VIDEO: Marijuana legal in Canada
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
Police tell our news partners TribLIVE that 36-year-old Sarah Miller of La Porte, Indiana, struck three vehicles and tried to hit two troopers who were outside their vehicles.
She was arrested and charged with robbery and other offenses.
It wasn't immediately known if Miller had retained an attorney who could comment on the charges.
Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.