YUBA CITY, Calif. - A high-speed chase in the Sacramento area ended with police gunfire.
The chase started with a reported hit-and-run in a stolen vehicle.
The suspect led police on a chase through multiple counties that lasted more than an hour.
- Homeowner shoots, kills 3 masked teens, deputies say
- Woman says she was charged nearly $1,500 for tolls in 90 days
- Girl, 10, dies after contracting brain-eating amoeba from river, family says
- VIDEO: Heartwarming: School custodian comforts student with autism
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
The suspect went more than 100 mph at several points, weaving through traffic in the stolen minivan.
In Yuba City, the suspect made a U-turn and started driving toward a motorcycle officer in the road.
The officer jumped out of the way and opened fire as the suspect backed over the police motorcycle.
The suspect was hospitalized for several gunshot wounds but is expected to survive.
No police officers were hurt.