GEORGETOWN, Ky. - A substitute teacher in Kentucky was arrested Monday after authorities said she showed up to class drunk.
Police were called to Royal Spring Middle School in Georgetown because of reports of a teacher acting erratically. According to an arrest citation, Brook Ellen West, 32, smelled like alcohol and was unsteady on her feet.
- Mom says family is being harassed due to church theft accusations
- Man attacked by 2 pit bulls on Mount Washington
- Police investigating double shooting after man, woman rushed to hospital
- VIDEO: Mayor Peduto: We would welcome immigrants sent here by Trump Administration
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
They escorted her off school grounds after she admitted to drinking four vodka shots.
A Breathalyzer test revealed West had a 0.317 blood alcohol content.
She has been charged with public intoxication and endangering the welfare of a minor.
The school district says she is no longer an employee.