PITTSBURGH - Decorative wind screens are now lining the fence around the Tree of Life Synagogue in Squirrel Hill.
The project is called Hearts Together, The Art of Rebuilding.
In April, the three congregations that worship there asked for positive, healing artwork from young people.
Reading this in the WPXI News App? Tap + above the headline to subscribe to alerts for the very latest updates on this ongoing court case.
More than 200 entries were turned in.
Authorities say Robert Bowers killed 11 people and wounded several others when he started shooting inside the synagogue last October.
Prosecutors are seeking the death penalty in that case.
- Antonio Brown accused of raping former trainer; Patriots, Steelers release statements
- Hazmat suits needed as crews remove over 100 dogs from Ross Twp. home
- The Budweiser 9/11 tribute ad that aired only once
- VIDEO: Former Pittsburgh Steelers player Sam Davis remembered by family, teammates
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.