PITTSBURGH — Pittsburgh is honoring the victims of the Tree of Life synagogue shooting, naming Oct. 27 “Remember. Repair. Together. Day.”
The proclamation was made Tuesday by the Pittsburgh City Council in memory of the 11 people who lost their lives on one of the darkest days in Pittsburgh’s history.
Family and friends of the victims stood with Councilwoman Erika Strassburger as the announcement was made. Mayor Bill Peduto was also in attendance.
- 11 killed, 6 injured in attack at Pittsburgh's Tree of Life synagogue
- Timeline of events at Tree of Life Synagogue shooting
- Life after the Tree of Life synagogue attack
- First responders to Tree of Life shooting presented with quilts
- What we know about the Tree of Life synagogue in Pittsburgh
- VIDEO: Victims of Pittsburgh synagogue massacre honored in Capitol
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
Cox Media Group